Actually ~ It. Was. Epic.
And all the emotions and excitement that fueled me throughout the weekend are still coursing through my veins ~ making it so hard to concentrate on anything else right now (like cleaning up the studio!). Triptych Fusion far exceeded my expectations...and I had some pretty high expectations! The studio looked amazing, people filled the space inside and out, artwork sold, the energy was high, and it all went off without a hitch.
Oh, and I can't forget to mention how well received the pieces were! In fact, as Rebecca, Brooke, and I talked about things afterwards, we realized that at some point in the show, each piece was talked about by someone. Every piece generated some sort of buzz! And that was what this whole thing was about. The theme of the show was collaboration and to have people come out and engage with the artwork was as much a part of the collaborative process as the creation of the artwork itself was.
So a HUGE thank you goes out to everyone who came to, and then stayed and enjoyed, the show. Rebecca, Brooke, and I will carry your encouragement, enthusiasm, and genuine appreciation of the exhibition into our studios with us for our next round of creative adventures.
And I would be remiss if I didn't acknowledge a few special souls for their extraordinary help:
- Josh and David (especially for the sangria)
- Ruby and Lilly (who were there not only on game day but for the weeks of prep beforehand)
- Westsiders (who made the trek across town and through LA traffic on a summer weekend...no small feat!)
- Those who made purchases, big and small (thank you for your support)
- My students (who continue to give back to me in ways they don't realize)
- Emmett (as always, he just knows what to do and does it ~ even when we don't realize it)
And especially to my cohorts, Rebecca and Brooke ~ brave women who took the journey with me, taught me so much about the power of collaboration, and whose laughter and spirit are permanently embedded in my heart. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
~ Click on image below to start slideshow. ~
[gallery type="rectangular" ids="8651,8647,8646,8658,8659,8644,8666,8645,8640,8642,8641,8648,8653,8654,8649,8656,8655,8657,8652,8664,8661,8660,8663,8665,8643"]