Open to my current and former marbling students (or those with prior marbling experience), I offer open studio time as a way of giving those who don’t have studio space the chance to continue to experience and explore the joys of marbling beyond the classroom ~ and at an affordable price.
Here’s how it works:
- Open studio is a set time frame (for example, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the winter and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the summer) where you will be free to come and go during this time. Stay for an hour ~ or the entire day. It’s totally up to you.
- Everything is provided (one batch of bath, alum, paints, tank, and tools) except paper. You may bring your own paper or purchase paper packs from me.
- Choose what tank size you want to marble in ~ 11×14 or 20×25. This will be your tank the whole time. No one else will use it.
- There will be no formal instruction, however, I will be available to answer questions.
- Once you sign up for studio time, you must cancel at least 48 hours in advance or there will be a $25 fee ~ which covers the cost of the bath that will not be used.
- Cost for the 11×14 tank is $45 per four-hour period and $10 per hour after that.
- Cost for the 20×25 tank is $65 per four-hour period and $12 per hour after that.
Open Studio Times:
To be scheduled, usually once-a-month. I try to set aside at least two back-to-back days so there is the flexibility to spread out your four (or more) hours over a longer period of time. I know how mentally and physically exhausting marbling can be and sometimes it’s nice to do just a couple of hours a day as opposed to four hours in one day.
Location: South Pasadena (more information provided in confirmation email).
How to Sign Up or Have Questions Answered: Fill out the form below and it will go right to my inbox!